View web site for The Rainbow Room at The Depot
The Depot originated in the late 1800’s as a small market, and later morphed into a saloon. It was purchased in 1925 by the late Teresa Tamborelli who turned it into the regions first Italian restaurant, forging a following for her home-made pasta’s and home-style cooking. Legend has it that Tamborelli created the restaurant’s signature pasta, called Malfatti, when she ran out of ravioli with a restaurant full of hungry Baseball players from San Francisco. The restaurant continues under the stewardship of Russell Kassman, who purchased the business in 2004 from direct relatives of the founder, who remain active in the business to date. The Rainbow Room opened as a Cabaret addition to The Depot in September of 2004, crafted from the old “porch” of the original structure. The room features diverse entertainment and a cosmopolitan clientele.
806 Fourth Street (off Soscol near Third)
Napa, CA 94559
05-Aug-2006 - Russ Lorenson
Return to venues list